- Although Kazaa-Lite
works with HTTP-Tunnel, due to bandwidth reasons, you will
more than likely have to subscribe to our high
bandwidth service in order to make it work properly.
- The following settings also work on Kazaa.
- Do no enable sharing (this will cause HTTP-Tunnel to take
up tons of memory).
- Although not absolutely required, it is recommended to
remove any installed copies of Kazaa-Lite,
- Run Ad-aware
to remove any spyware or adware that might be in your system.
- Download and install Kazaa-Lite from www.kazaalite.tk.
- Locate your hosts file:
Windows 95/98/Me: c:\windows\
Windows NT/2000/XP: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\
NOTE: Administrator access may be required for
- Add the following lines into your hosts file:
- Setup your user account into and under Firewall Enter:
127.0.0.1 for the server and 1080 for the port like so:
- Now connect and wait, this may take a little bit. For
those of you that are doubtful, here's proof it works (click
on the image for better resolution):
WARNING: A dummy DLL file called "cd_clint.dll"
is placed in the installation directory. This is a required
file for Kazaa. Normally this file is a part of a spyware
program called Cydoor. This dummy file however is completely
harmless. So do not delete it when it is detected by a program
such as Ad-aware.
« Return to the HTTP-Tunnel User Guide